Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lacy Tunic


Spring is in the air and it's a perfect time to freshen up my wardrobe with this lacy tunic.

The pattern comes from BeACrafter, she has so many beautiful designs on her site that I can't wait to try. The original design calls for 200 grams of tape or ribbon yarn but I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton. I love the way this is turning out, it is so soft and has a wonderful drape. However, 200 grams of ILTC is not nearly enough. I'm not quite finished but I will have ended up using almost 400 grams/13 ounces. Thank goodness I had extra on hand! 

One thing I love about this pattern is it's worked in two identical pieces then stitched together to form the neckline and sleeves. Since this is my first foray into clothing I think this will be a great starter project.

If all goes as planned I should have this finished up in the next few days and I'll put out a full review and of course post pics of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment