Sunday, November 2, 2014

Bring it on Mother Nature!

I'm ready for winter! Ok, not really because I hate cold weather but at least I'll look good when I'm out there slogging through the drifts. I picked up a skein of this yarn during one of my many trips to JoAnn's and had no idea what I was going to do with it. (One of those "Oooooh, look! It's pretty!!" purchases.) I got it home and decided I'd try to make a scarf with it. Oh man is this yarn awesome! It works up so easy using the V-stitch and it is so soft. I ended up going back and picking up 3 more skeins because I loved it so much. After I completed the scarf I decided to try my hand at making a headband and a pair of fingerless gloves/wrist warmers. 
The picture doesn't do this set justice. The yarn I used is Deborah Norville Serenity® Chunky in Pink Candy. This close up shows you the true colors, isn't it pretty? I'd love to have a reason to buy skein after skein of this in every color made. Maybe once I win the lottery....

No comments:

Post a Comment